Thursday 15 January 2009

Photo shoot to launch the World Vision 24 Hour Famine


In November 2008, I did a photo shoot to help launch this year's World Vision 24 Hour Famine campaign. I did the shoot with a number of role models involved in this campaign, one of which was Georgia Groome, whom I worked with on the film Angus Thongs & Perfect Snogging last year. It was fantastic to work with Georgia again! Other celebrities that attended the shoot and who are also supporting the World Vision 24 Hour Famine are previous ambassadors Fearne Cotton and Atomic Kitten Liz McClarnon.

As we are being sponsored to give up something important to us over the 13-15 February, we did a photo shoot with the items we are giving up! Our favorite things were put into a clear box, therefore we got to play around with this and do some fun, creative poses with the box. As you can see from the picture on the left, I chose to give up horse riding, something I do everything weekend and something which is very important to me.



Liz McClarnon chose to give up food, therefore you can see from these shots all of the food that was put into the box.

























Being a Radio DJ, Fearne Cotton decided to give up her radio for a day......





































.....and Georgia is not only giving up food, but she's giving up her home comforts by spending the night outdoors!!

































As well as the shoot, we also took part in media interviews, therefore you can how well the images turned out from the interview that ran in Shout magazine below:




I really enjoyed the shoot as not only was it great seeing Georgia again, it was great meeting both Fearne and Liz as they are definitely my role models because of all the work they have done for charity.

I am so excited to be taking over from last year's ambassador Fearne Cotton - it was amazing meeting her and just talking through her experiences that she had whilst out in India last year with World Vision. She gave me some really good advice to help me prepare for my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment